Umami Burger Debuts Unique Burgers Specific to Each Location
Umami Burger is at it again! They are constantly doing special celebrity burger collaborations for charity or adding some sort of new dish to their already extensive menu. You just never know what to expect. This time, they are playing a game of Pokemon (gotta catch them all) with everyone! As part of their new seasonal menu, Umami Burger has not only expanded their menu with new non-beef options, but they've also created a unique burger that is specific to each location.
Here's a quick video of the burger at the Old Town Pasadena location. It's a Pepperbelly Burger, which has a house beer-cheddar cheese stuffed beef patty with Umami chili, Fritos crumble, pickled serranos, roasted garlic aioli. Let me just say that I am not a big fan chips on burgers or sandwiches, but the Fritos were smashed into little bits so it didn't taste like chips, which I liked. The Pepperbelly Burger was made specifically for the Pasadena location. They like to refer to it as the "millennial" burger since that location is filled with bars and party-going people! In addition to trying the newest burger, our server also recommended the Truffle Royale Burger, which I was told was recently brought back to the menu after some hiatus. The Royale Burger has a beef patty, topped with braised short rib and our own beer-cheddar cheese. So what was the burger verdict?
- Pepperbelly? Yes! I loved the spiciness that they pickled serranos gave to the burger. You could really taste the beer-cheddar cheese. Most importantly, there was tons of garlic aioli, which is a resounding yes in my book.
- Truffle Royale Burger? Yes, yes! I was absolutely shocked that I liked this one. I think I may even put the Royale above the Pepperbelly. So this burger is basically Umami Burger's Truffle Burger, but the patty topped with braised short rib. The combo didn't really have me excited, but wow... the short rib melted in my mouth. I don't know what I was thinking, but the taste won me over.
- Umami Burger Broadway: Trattoria Burger (bacon lardon & beef patty, crispy capitol, arugula, parmesan frico, roasted garlic aioli, roasted pine nuts)
- Umami Burger at The Grove: Kinoko Burger (portobello mushroom buns, grilled chicken breast, basil pesto, parmesan, arugula, cherry tomato confit, goat cheese, balsamic glaze)
- Umami Burger Pasadena: Pepperbelly Burger (house beer-cheddar cheese stuffed beef patty, Umami chili, Fritos crumble, pickled serranos, roasted garlic aioli)
- Umami Burger Santa Monica: Loco Moco (beef patty, rice patty “buns,” gravy, fried egg, chives)Don't forget a lovely Garden Party cocktail.
I was lucky that Umami Burger allowed me to hop back in the kitchen and see all the action go down for my NOM live stream. Click here to see it.
To find out more about Umami Burger, you can visit their website here. Visit now before it's gone!