Valentine's Day is right around the corner. I'm currently on a short trip to Hong Kong, but for my L.A. readers, here are some ideas for your V-Day or Single Awareness Day out with Friends! DineLA may be over, but here is your next chance!
For lovebirds who are true foodies at heart, the Downtown Center Business Improvement District has put together a few “Romance in the City” dinners, including:
- Four-course Valentine’s Day Dinner – For fun and flirty Mexican food, Border Grill is offering its V-day package for $65/person excluding tax and gratuity. MentionDowntownLA.com when making a Valentine’s Day reservation and get a Free Border Guacamole with purchase of a prix-fixe dinner.
- Fine Dining on Historic Bunker Hill – At the Omni Hotel, couples can celebrate Valentine’s Day at its romantic Noé Restaurant & Bar. Executive Chef Glen Ishii has prepared a special four-course menu for $75/person (excluding tax and gratuity) that includes entrée choices of Maple Leaf Duck Breast, Petite Filet or Butternut Squash Risotto. Receive a free glass of champagne by mentioning DowntownLA.com.
- Downtown’s “Most Romantic” Dinner – Try the best in al fresco dining at Café Pinot, which offers a contemporary California menu all in a setting situated in Maguire Gardens with landscaped lawns shaded by olive and jacaranda trees and underneath the grand Central Library.
- The Edison’s Valentine’s Celebration – Go back in time for a night of romance and entertainment in this world-class lounge with the Francesca Vannucci band. Complete Lover’s Dinner for two, complimented by Perrier Champagne, is $115 excluding tax and gratuity.
- Chaya’s Love at First Bite – Chaya Downtown is offering a three-course selection of Chef Kenjo’s favorite romance-inspired menu for two topped of with a Valentine’s dessert medley that includes peanut butter soufflé glace with chocolate sauce; chocolate-dipped strawberries and a heart- shaped strawberry shortcake for $65/person excluding tax and gratuity.
For the full list of love-ly Valentine’s Day dining, hotel packages and activities in the heart of the city, visit DowntownLA.com/valentines.